Thursday, March 15, 2012

Questions

When I was a teacher I asked my students questions and lead them to discover their own understandings of things.  I didn't just ask the questions I knew the answers to, but the hard ones with no real answers.  I miss that.  I haven't figured out how to do that in a sermon and actually have people participate in the act of thinking about them.  I do it in Bible Study - but not everyone comes.  So where do you ask the important questions?  The questions that have no answers but need to be asked?  Why do we travel the roads we do in life?  Where did you see God today?  If you are over run with frustration and anger have you prayed today?  What have you done today strictly for God with no self interest involved?  Did you reach out to one person with an act of unconditional kindness.  I am not talking about strangers, but people you see everyday?  What social justice issues would Jesus be fighting?  Who are those who live on the fringe of society and need our attention?  Our love? Our Compassion?  How do we truly grow deeper in relationship with God?  How do I know when God is listening, or answering?  How much is too  much me, and not enough God? Well I could probably keep going but I am interested in your questions and your answers.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment