Saturday, April 7, 2012

Questions from Maudy Thursday's Reading John 13:1-17, 31-35


John  13:1-17, 31b-35

"Very truly I tell you whoever receives one whom I send receives me and whoever receives me receive shim who sent me" (13:17)
How do you receive others?
What about others that you don’t like?
How do you carry yourself with strangers?  With friends?  With co-workers?  With those of a different class?  Different color?  Different ethnicity? Different faith?  Different sexuality?  Different clothes, make up hair?
Who do you allow to intimidate you?  To bully you?
Who do you intimidate?  Bully?
How are you carrying this out today?
What are you actually doing, not just what you think, but actually do?

"Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." 13:35

What does love look like as a Christian?
How do we show love?
How did Christ show love to us?
What are we being called to?  What are we being called to - collectively?
Can others tell we are Christians (without looking at your cross necklace, or the fish on your car)?
Can people who meet you tell that you are a Christian without asking you?  
                                                            If not you better reevaluate how you show your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment